You may have heard about studying overseas but are new to actually surfing this site. The Brits has a fantastic way for you to search for Study Abroad Programs by level, type and country. It's easy and visual so you won't get lost. We will walk you through it.
Search by program level; choose:
- Gap Year
- High School
Search by program type; choose:
- Intern Abroad - If gaining vital job or business skills is important to you, find International Internships by country and work type.
- Volunteer Abroad - Volunteer Abroad in a country that interests you, for the amount of time you have whether a week, a month or a year, in the type of volunteer work that would be meaningful to you.
- Teach Abroad - Teaching abroad is a wonderful way to learn and educate at the same time. Get specific; search by country, duration and even audience.
- Intensive Language If immersing yourself in a foreign language sounds stimulating, search by country, duration and naturally the language you want to learn. Picture yourself studying Italian in Florence Italy as you take sips of your caffe latte?
- Full Degree Abroad If studying overseas appeals to you, but for an extended period, find associates degrees, courses, diplomas, undergraduate and graduate certificates, bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees by country and specialty.
Search Study Abroad Programs by Country
Whether you are starting out in the United States and looking into Study Abroad Programs in Europe, or you are in France and you want to study fashion in New York City, you can use location as your motivator. In fact, each country may have several popular cities to choose from. Consider that each place is an opportunity to study, explore the landscape, art, culture and enjoy making new connections.
Making it Happen: Resources and Essential Info
Ok, you know how to search, but what about the other stuff like scholarships, or what to take with you when you go. Read up on useful insider information and other essentials on the Blog, or Study Abroad Scholarships page. Continued Success as you prepare to study abroad!
Top Five Reasons to Study Abroad in Australia
- Studying abroad in Australia does not require you to learn a new language, but there are still many new phrases and meanings for you to discover during your adventure.
- Australia boasts natural wonders like the Great Barrier Reef. Study abroad in Australia and you could become a certified scuba diver and explore the amazing beauty the Reef has to offer.
- Performance arts in Australia are a beloved tradition and well funded by the federal government. Enrich your appreciation for the arts and attend any one of the several operas offered throughout each region.
- Australia is abundant in cultural dynamics derived from Aboriginal, Dutch and English influences. Studying the conjoining of these cultures will surely be an interesting and eye-opening experience.
- Australian society is generally laid-back, friendly and full of opportunities for new adventures, unexpected friendships and inspiring activities.
Experience a Rich and Varied Culture Abroad in England
If you've ever seen 'Monty Python,' then you already know the English have a healthy and quirky sense of humor (much funnier than the writers of this article). Taking that into account, and considering the friendly personalities that comes along with that, it won't be long before you feel at home in England. And whether you tour the rolling countryside, travel the cities in a double-decker bus or take in a game of cricket, you can bet your knickers you'll have a great time.
If you really think about it, England is the best possible study abroad location for college students. You can enjoy the lively nightlife found in London and take leisurely strolls along the Thames River, but you will also be pushed to be the best student you can be, and may very well learn more in one semester abroad than in all the other years at your home university.